A Chief Information Office is a senior executive who is responsible for developing and maintaining the overall technology plan for the business, and make sure IT policies and procedures are being followed. Many small and medium sized business cannot afford a full-time CIO, and therefore rely on someone on their internal staff to essentially wear the CIO hat. At RCN Networks, we assign a virtual CIO to each and every account who is then integrated into your management team.
As a partner of your senior management team , your virtual CIO will…
- Work with you to understand your business and how technology fits in with the business plan
- Make sure IT Policies and procedures are documented, and are being followed by the staff
- Develop and manage an IT budget that is reviewed regularly with the management team
- Managed 3rd party technology vendors and contracts.
- Offer strategic technology planning advice.
- Your virtual CIO will work closely with you to grow your business and reduce expenses by having a clearly defined technology roadmap.